Below is a summary of the options related to Auto Pay:
- Auto pay can be monthly, twice per month, weekly, or "on invoice due date". (In all cases it pays the full amount of the open invoice.)
- Bill & Pay includes a customer portal where the customer can signup for auto pay. Or, the biller can setup auto pay for a customer.
- All open invoices synced from QuickBooks are automatically paid on the auto pay date or "on invoice due date".
- Automatic payments can be setup using ACH or a credit card.
- Customers receive a confirmation email of their auto payment (this can be turned off).
- Customers can receive an advanced email notice of an upcoming auto payment (optional).
- Auto send reminder emails prior to the credit card expiration date.
- Prevent auto pay based on the QuickBooks invoice template (in QuickBooks Desktop only).
- Setup a maximum payment amount that is applied to the oldest invoice.
- The biller can require all customers to sign-up for autopay. When the customer is emailed and clicks the link to pay, they are instructed how to set-up automatic payments.
- Receive notification when a customer signs up for auto payments.
- Lock auto payments so the customer cannot remove. Option to allow them to update their payment account.
- Auto pay a batch of invoices by selecting from a list of invoices with an open balance.
In addition to auto payments, we have Payment Plans, which are setup for a single invoice. For example you can setup a $1,000 invoice with 10 auto payments of $100. Click here for more information about Payment Plans.
If you want to run recurring payments without creating invoices, click here to check out our Subscription Payments feature.