Create one-time and recurring invoices directly in Bill & Pay and Bill & Pay will add them to your QuickBooks automatically. The screenshot below illustrates how invoices are created within Bill & Pay.
You can enable this in your Bill & Pay account by going to Advanced Options / Additional Features. There is an additional $10/month fee for this feature.
- Invoices created in Bill & Pay have an invoice number of 'New', which will show in Bill & Pay as "Invoice #New". When the invoice is synchronized into QuickBooks, it is assigned an invoice number by QuickBooks.
- You must use line item types that are created in QuickBooks. New line item types cannot be added within Bill & Pay. Therefore, you must sync with QuickBooks after enabling this feature and before you start creating invoices in Bill & Pay.
- After creating an invoice within Bill & Pay, you have the option to immediately accept payment on that invoice without syncing to QuickBooks first. The invoice is listed as "Invoice #New" until the sync happens.
- When you save the invoice in Bill & Pay, you can choose to either send the invoice to the customer or not send it. Click either the "Save Invoice & Send" button or the "Save Invoice Without Sending" button when creating the invoice. Whichever one you choose, the invoice will not display in the Bill & Pay Desktop Manager's "Unsent Invoices" window because the system already knows what you want to do with the invoice. If you choose to send the invoice, it won't be sent until you synchronize and the invoice is added to QuickBooks. This is necessary to get QuickBooks to set multiple fields on the invoice including invoice number, template, etc.
- To setup recurring invoices go to the customer’s screen and click the “Create Recurring Invoice” tab. Instructions are provided on the page.
- For no additional fee you can enable "Add Customers". The new customer syncs with the prefix ZZZ so you can easily find them within QuickBooks and rename the customer. This allows you to create a new customer, create an invoice, and accept a payment on that invoice all before synchronizing; or, you can create the invoice and send to the customer for payment.
- Invoices cannot be edited in Bill & Pay once they have been created. This must be done within QuickBooks.
- This feature does not currently support invoice templates from QuickBooks. As a result all invoices created in Bill & Pay will use the default QuickBooks invoice template when synchronized.
- This feature does not currently work with XERO, but can be added. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
- If using our API to add the invoice, you must sync first to QuickBooks before accepting a payment.