This feature allows you to view the specific action taken by any of your user accounts (employees) and your customers. The log shows which user performed the following activity: Add Customer, Accept Payment, Update Customer, Approve Auto-Pay, Disable Auto-Pay, Reset Customer Password, Unenroll Payer, Create Payment Plan, Approve Payment Plan, Unapprove Payment Plan, Delete Payment Plan.
This is a helpful tool for tracking or researching potential questions or discrepancies. For example, if a customer said “I didn’t make that payment” you can go to their screen and it will tell you exactly how and who processed the payment.
Example of the User Action Log found at the bottom of each Customer page:
There is a $50 setup fee and $10/month additional fee for this service. To enable this feature, click on Support in your Bill & Pay account to contact customer service.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
These steps should be answered from the perspective of the user that will be responsible for synchronizing QuickBooks with Bill & Pay.
- Do you use a Remote Desktop connection to access QuickBooks?
Yes - See #2
No - See #4
- Do you use a 3rd party QuickBooks hosting service supported by Bill & Pay? (For example Right Networks, Cloud9 Real Time, iNSYNC)
Yes - Request your hosting service to enable Bill & Pay for your account.
No - See #3
- Connect Remote Desktop to your session you use to run QuickBooks. Install the Bill & Pay Desktop Manager within the Remote Desktop session. If you do not have permissions making it possible to install the Desktop Manager within the Remote Desktop session you will need to request that your network administrator perform the installation.
- Install the Bill & Pay Desktop Manager software on the computer that you personally use to run QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Server Components
- QuickBooks Server / QuickBooks Enterprise Server
A computer connected to a network that holds the QuickBooks company file. Windows file sharing is used to give other computers on the same network access to the company file. You would rarely install the Desktop Manager on this computer. See the “QuickBooks Desktop” component for exceptions to this.
- QuickBooks Desktop
A computer connected to the same network as the QuickBooks Server that a person uses to run the QuickBooks software and interact directly with it. The Desktop Manager will be installed on the QuickBooks Desktop computer of the user responsible for synchronizing with Bill & Pay.
- Remote Desktop
A Remote Desktop is a Windows desktop environment that you connect to and it gives you a separate desktop running inside a window on your local computer. Your local computer can be Windows but it does not have to be. The QuickBooks Desktop may be running inside a Remote Desktop session. If the user responsible for synchronizing with Bill & Pay uses Remote Desktop then the Desktop Manager should be installed on the desktop they see when they connect to Remote Desktop.
- Terminal Server
A computer connected to a network, possibly the Internet, that users connect to in order to access their Remote Desktops. Some companies may run their own in-house Terminal Server or outsource this to another hosting service. Terminal Server hosting services are similar to QuickBooks Hosting services except there Remote Desktop sessions are not specific to QuickBooks but instead provide a general purpose Windows Remote Desktop environment that any Windows software can be run in. The Terminal Server itself is not important to Bill & Pay however it is described here as customers may mention it and wonder how it fits into the installation of our software.
Use Bill & Pay to store important documents used by your staff, to share company notices, promotions and policies with all customers, or to present documents such as proposals, specs, drawings to individual customers . . . all within a single sign-on account!
Internal Documents - For internal business use. Accessible to users (staff) of the Biller's Business Control Panel.
Public Documents - Files placed here are visible to all customers/payers in their B & P portal. Payers cannot modify the Public Documents but can download them.
Customer Specific Documents - Individual document storage area per customer.
- Billers can add documents to a customer’s account by going to the customer screen and selecting the DOCUMENTS button.
- Billers can setup notification emails to inform customers when new documents are added or updated
- Customers can modify and add files to their Customer Documents area.
- Billers are notified by email when a customer modifies or adds documents.
- Track type, date/time and size of files shared.
Add document for a specific customer:
Add and manage folders and files per customer:
Customer views, edits, uploads documents within Bill & Pay customer portal:
Biller receives email if customer uploads new or modified document:
Cost: $100 setup fee, $10.00 per month fee up to 1GB, $1.50 per additional 1GB per month